2019 is rapidly drawing to a close and we should start thinking about our plans for 2020. Have you achieved your goals for this year? Did you start the year with a list of things that you said you would get done? We all do this year after year. I know I did. Before Christmas last year, my main goal for this year was to get my Pilot’s license. No. This didn’t happen and I have had the same conversation with my Instructor once again. But the difference is that I am now booked in for my final 2 lessons and the Exam date. So, assuming the weather is on my side, then I will achieve this goal simply because I have planned for it.
Think about this – how much time do you spend planning your next holiday versus who much time you set aside working on your business?
The moral of this story is that if you plan for something, it is more likely to happen. You’ve probably heard this 100 times, but your business is no different. We need to plan what we are going to do and how we are going to do it. No different to driving from point A to point B. You wouldn’t do it without a map (or a GPS these days), so why is your business any different.
This year we have worked with many clients and getting their business plans on paper. No, we are not writing 100 page business plans any more, but instead, we do a One Page Plan. This is the business road map. It covers 12 months – it has budgets – it has milestones and celebrations – it has purpose – it has values – it has what you and your team are going to do to make it all happen.
Now is the time to block out time to get this done. Our diaries are open and ready to work with you and your business to get a One Page Plan for the 2020 year with a clear Vision. You can click here to request a time, or call us on 03 9374 8400.
In the meantime, here is a list of things you should be thinking about?
- What plans do you have in 2020? What sort of year will it be? Do you have a game plan?
- Do you have a business idea?
- What is keeping you up at night?
- Do you have the right clients?
- Are you being paid on time?
- Are you looking for more opportunities to grow?
- Where is the cash? How many times have you thought where is all the money?
- Are you in business and stuck?
- Do you know you BAS from your IAS to your STP? what’s with all the acronyms? Start with the basics. Like building a house. You start with the plans, set the foundations and build up. The value of the right compliance
- Who is on the bus? Do you have the right team and the right people driving the bus?
- Working capital – do I need it? How much is enough?
- What is a side hustle?
- Accountability and KPIs
- What are your training needs? What do you need to learn?
- Skills gap? What are they and how do you close the gap?
I know you are thinking about getting all your work done by Christmas and keeping all your customers happy – but spare a thought for 2020 – we have the tools to make you accountable and work on your goals. Don’t waste another year thinking about it. Now is a great time to act.